All-In-One Headworks Screw Screen Solution – Grind, Screen And Compact
The Auger Monster® is a robust headworks solution that combines three of JWC’s finest technologies – a grinder, a finescreen and a compactor. This spiral screen removes trash and unwanted solids so the treatment plant runs more efficiently. The Auger Monster screw screen is proven to result in cleaner, more compact discharge and lowered disposal costs, as less water and fecal material are sent to the landfill.
First a powerful Muffin Monster® or Channel Monster® grinder tears apart clumps of rags, clothing and debris which enhances further processing by the screw screen. Next, solids are captured by a perforated finescreening trough and removed by a rotating auger. As solids are removed, dual wash water zones rinse off fecal material from the shredded screenings. The auger screen then conveys solids to the discharge point where the integrated compactor squeezes out water before depositing the cleaned and dried material into a dumpster.
The Auger Monster screw screen is not just for municipal wastewater treatment plants. Facilities around the world such as correctional institutions, hospitals and other facilities that need to remove solids from their sewage waste streams have been relying on Auger Monsters spiral screens for many years.
An in-channel auger screen is also available without a grinder for situations where there are limited rags and no large solids in the waste stream.
- All-in-one headworks spiral screen for smaller water treatment facilities
- Effectively handles debris screening for high solids facilities like prisons
- Removes fecal matter from screenings for cleaner discharge and reduced odor
- Spiral screen easily installs or retrofits into the existing channel indoors or out
- Muffin Monster or Channel Monster Grinder for enhanced solid breakdown and cleaning
- Automated PLC monitoring and control system
- Auger Monster pivot system for easier system maintenance
- Optional cold weather system and/or discharge bagger
- Max flows up to 4 MGD (1646 m3/hr) depending on configuration
- Minimum channel width as small as 12” (305 mm) wide.
- Perforation sizes of 2, 3 or 6 mm.
- Easy-access pivoted auger is mounted on a tilt and swivel point for easy removal and servicing
- Operators can easily bring the screening trough, auger brush and auger conveyor to deck level for inspection via the pivoting capability
- Periodically checking and replacing the auger brush keeps your perforated screen clean and helps transport solids more effectively.
- Auger brush is easily accessible through the same pivoting capability
- With the automatic PLC monitoring and controls, the controller can notify if the auger has failed
- On that same controller, the auger “fail-safe” mode ensures the system continues running even if electronics are disabled
- Grinders can be easily replaced through our Monster Renew Program!
Have a specific question? Read our Auger Monster FAQ list.