SHRED and HYDRO Waste Reduction and Pretreatment Solutions
Reduce Waste Costs and Support Sustainable Alternative Solutions
Fruit and vegetable processing generates a significant amount of waste. As states continue to roll out regulations that increase tipping fees, and encourage sustainable alternative solutions for waste disposal going into landfills, JWC’s SHRED and HYDRO industrial grinders will continue to play a vital role.
Pretreatment for Biofuel and Pet Food
JWC grinders are used to shred and grind a variety of fruits and vegetables, including sugar beets, as a crucial pretreatment step for use in digestion and biogas applications. JWC’s SHRED and HYDRO industrial grinders are also used to condition various vegetables, such as sweet potatoes, for use in pet food manufacturing and animal feeds markets.
What Can We Grind for You?
JWC is pleased to offer complimentary grind test services in our state-of-the-art Grind Test Facility*. Not sure what particle size you need? Want to be certain your material will shred or grind the way you need it to? Want to see how much volume reduction you can achieve? Let us show you what our grinders can do for you. Contact us to arrange for a grind test, and one of our specialists will work with you to get you the grind that you need. You will receive a detailed written report and video to assure you that the solution meets your desired outcome. We’ll even ship your grind test sample back to you so you can verify the results in person.
- Precondition raw materials prior to downstream processing
- Reduce food waste volume to minimize transportation costs and waste landfill tipping fees
- Precondition tough solids to protect downstream equipment such as pumps
- Grinders and shredders can be easily retrofitted to fit many applications with little or no modification to piping, channel, or power
- Precision is key to success and our solutions are custom engineered for your needs
- Our grind testing facility allows you to try before you buy to assure a successful outcome
- Prepared and packaged foods
- Fruit and vegetable processing
- Sugar industry processing
- Beverage processing
- Pet food processing
- Food waste management
- Winery, brewery and distillery
For information on wastewater screening solutions for fruit and vegetable processing, visit our IPEC page for information on rotary drum screens.