Wastewater Treatment at Pet Food Processing Plants
As pet food processing plants render and blend animal proteins, vegetables, grains, and other organic ingredients to make wet and dry food, they produce significant amounts of wastewater with high concentrations of TSS, FOG, COD, and BOD. Screening of heavy solids prior to chemical/physical separation is an integral step in the wastewater treatment process. Sizing equipment based on solids loading and taking odor control measures are extremely important in these applications.
Every wastewater treatment application is unique. It has its own set of variables that make having an experienced process designer an absolute necessity. JWC Environmental’s wastewater process design team has worked on many pet food wastewater treatment applications. With this wealth of experience we design treatment programs specifically to your project needs. Whether supplying a single piece of equipment or delivering a turn-key solution, JWC’s IPEC rotary drum screens and FRC DAF Systems, the PCL Plate Pack, the PWL Open Tank or the PCCS Compact will meet your unique application’s needs.
Industrial Shredders for Volume and Size Reduction
Industrial shredders can be used in pet food processing plants as a pre-breaker for frozen blocks. They also can be used to reduce waste volume which in turn minimizes transportation costs. Our powerful line of SHRED grinders easily grind up tough materials including bones!
- IPEC screens protect downstream process pumps from clogs and damage
- FRC DAFs effectively remove TSS, FOG and other pollutants from wastewater
- FRC DAFs enhance separation efficiency
- FRC DAFs minimize odor during equalization
- Monster Industrial grinders reduce waste volume, minimizing transportation costs
- Monster Industrial grinders grind up tough materials for further processing