Food and Beverage Processing
Food and beverage processing utilizes substantial amounts of water that must be pumped, processed and treated. Food and beverage wastewater treatment can be a significant concern for facilities that must have economical strategies to meet discharge permit requirements as well as recover potentially valuable resources within the wastewater streams. Additionally, plants will often require solutions to breakdown solids in waste byproducts so they can be effectively pumped, processed or transported. JWC offers a variety of equipment that helps to improve the efficiency of food and beverage facilities in the areas of wastewater treatment, recovery of valuable processing byproducts and reducing the volume of food waste.
Food and Beverage Wastewater Treatment
Food and beverage processing plants generate a significant amount of wastewater with relatively high concentrations of total suspended solids (TSS). It is imperative to treat this wastewater before sending it on to a municipal sewage system to limit municipal surcharges imposed for exceeding the limits on TSS.
Rotary drum screens are an effective and efficient method to remove organic waste from food and beverage wastewater. Screening out of organic matter can substantially reduce the TSS levels in the waste stream and enhance further food and beverage wastewater treatment processes.
JWC offers IPEC Rotary Drum Screens for a variety of food and beverage applications.
Our IPEC Screens are customized to target exactly what is being screened out and ensure a high capture rate. JWC has screening solutions for a variety of items including fats, feathers, seeds and spent hops.
Volume Reduction, Equipment Protection
Food and beverage processing can produce waste with numerous tough solids. These solids can clog pumps and create other problems in production. JWC’s SHRED and HYDRO industrial grinders can be used to grind up food waste as well as other debris to protect pumps and other process equipment. Grinding can also be used to reduce the volume of waste and minimize transportation costs.
- Effectively remove process water from larger solids
- High capture rates reduce TSS levels in waste treatment processes
- Screens specialized for specific applications like fruit and vegetable processing, breweries, and bakeries
- Reduce food waste volume to minimize transportation costs
- Protect downstream equipment from tough solids
- Prepared and packaged foods
- Fruit and vegetable processing
- Sugar industry processing
- Dairy processing – cheese, milk, ice cream
- Beverage processing
- Pet food wastewater treatment
- Food waste management
- Winery, brewery and distillery
- Meat and poultry processing
- Seafood processing