Ultra Fine Mesh Rotary Drum Screen For Pumped Flows
The IFM Internally Fed Rotary Drum Screen is a proven fine screening solution for municipal wastewater that has both high flows and lower solids content. When this rotary screen technology is used at a plants headworks it protects sensitive treatment processes including providing Membrane Biological Reactor or MBR protection from fibers and other fine particles. It is also commonly used within clarifier scum screening operations.
The IFM Internally Fed Drum Screens are constructed of all stainless steel including components that others often neglect like chains and sprockets. Our rotary drum screen materials are designed around both the influent as well as the requirement of the downstream wastewater treatment process. The wedgewire or perforated drums turn on UHMW trunnion wheels with sealed internal bearing for extra-long periods between required maintenance.
Rotary Drum Screen Method of Operation
The influent enters a headbox, where the energy is dissipated and the flow is evenly distributed onto the interior sidewalls of the rotary screen drum. Solids are retained on the screen surface while the liquid flows radially through the screen openings. Splash guards direct the liquid filtrate to a central drainage area as the solids are transported axially, by flights, to the open end of the rotary drum screen. The rotation of the Internally Fed Rotary Drum Screen allows the entire screening surface to be intermittently washed by a fixed, external, spray bar fitted with a bank of spray nozzles.
- Superior ultra fine mesh screen to protect sensitive downstream treatment processes
- Rotary Screen specifically engineered to provide Membrane Biological Reactor Protection
- Designed for pump flows and eliminates need for civil construction of channels
- Customized to fit into existing infrastructure and specific needs of wastewater treatment process
- All 304 stainless steel construction including base frame
- Headbox with overflow protection
- Solid single welded frame
- Handles Flows from 200 to 12,200 gpm (45-2770 m3/hr)
- Rotary Drum Screen Diameters range from 18 – 72 inches (460 – 1830 mm)
- Rotary Drum Screen Lengths range from 36 – 160 inches (915 – 4065 mm)