Industrial Shredder/Waste Grinder Cuts Big Problems Down to Size
The 4-SHRED-2 waste grinder quickly cut problem solids down to size. This powerful industrial shredder has two rows of sharp, steel cutters that rotate slowly and with incredibly high torque to turn large troublesome solids into small pieces.
The 4-SHRED-2 is designed for some of the most difficult grinding jobs. Strong shafts and severe duty seals allow for high-impact solids loading, shredding items down to size. This size reduction equipment has been proven in numerous applications including shredding for recycling, preconditioning of organics for waste-to-energy operations, hazardous waste disposal, seafood processing and destruction of off-specification or contraband products, just to name a few.
The 4-SHRED-2 size reduction equipment can be configured to meet your specific application needs. Various types of standard cutters to optimize throughput and particle size are available. This industrial shredder is built to handle both wet and dry waste and can be arranged for multi-stage grinding – turning large solids into tiny particles. This grinder has received multiple certifications from the American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) including a product TYPE Approval and a certification of compliance for meeting MARPOL Annex V.
- Minimize transportation costs by reducing the volume of your waste
- Improve digester or composter system efficiency by increasing surface area
- Minimize costs by creating a closed-loop system, reusing process waste
- Dual-shafted, slow-speed, high-torque industrial shredders easily grind the toughest debris, including rocks, wood, clothing, plastic and other trash
- Automated monitoring and controls reduce interrupts and optimize grinder performance
- Optional food-grade nickel-plated housing and stainless steel cutting chamber components are available
- Hardened steel cutters for long life
- Integrated steel scrapers are standard which increase throughput and help cutters cleanout faster
- Various cutter configurations and materials are available to optimize the grinder performance for your specific application
- Custom hoppers and stands are available
- Throughput range 197-393 ft3/hr (5.6-11.1 m3/hr)
- Cutting chamber lengths 18-32 inches (457-800 mm)
- Powerful 15-40 hp (11-30 kW) motors are available