Health and Safety
JWCE is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment for each employee and ensures compliance with all applicable occupational safety and health regulations. The Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) complies with the Cal/OSHA requirement to develop a written IIPP (CCR Title 8, Section 3203).
Managers and supervisors are responsible for implementing and maintaining the IIPP in their work areas and for answering worker questions about the IIPP. A copy of this IIPP is available from each manager and supervisor.
Everyone, including managers and supervisors, are responsible for using safe work practices, following applicable policies, and taking ownership of roles. Our system of ensuring that we comply with the rules and maintain a safe work environment includes:
- Keeping everyone informed of the IIPP;
- Evaluating safety performance of all workers (such as number of recordables);
- Recognizing employees who perform safe and healthful work practices (conservative effort by the Safety Team Executives);
- Providing training to employees whose safety performance is deficient; and
- Taking corrective action against those who do not comply with safe and healthful work practices.
Overall, we are committed to continually improving our Health and Safety standards, culture, and performance, and will transparently report our performance goals and metrics. We will continue to maintain appropriate controls, including periodic review, to ensure that this policy is being followed.