IFM Internally Fed Drum Screens
Ultimate Fine-Screening For Pumped Flows
The IFM Internally Fed Drum Screen is a proven fine screening solution for municipal wastewater that has both high flows and lower solids content. When this screening technology is used at a plants headworks it protects sensitive treatment processes including providing MBR protection from fibers and other fine particles. It is also commonly used within clarifier scum screening operations.
The IFM Internally Fed Drum Screens are constructed of all stainless steel including components that others often neglect like chains and sprockets. Our screening drum materials are designed around both the influent as well as the requirement of the downstream treatment process. The wedgewire or perforated drums turn on UHMW trunnion wheels with sealed internal bearing for extra-long periods between required maintenance.
Method of Operation
The influent enters a headbox, her is where the energy is dissipated and the flow is evenly distributed onto the interior sidewalls of the drum. Solids are retained on the screen surface while the liquid flows radially through the screen openings. Splash guards direct the liquid filtrate to a central drainage area as the solids are transported axially, by flights, to the open end of the drum. The rotation of the Internally Fed Drum Screen allows the entire screening surface to be intermittently washed by a fixed, external, spray bar fitted with a bank of spray nozzles.
- Superior fine screening to protect sensitive downstream treatment processes
- Specifically designed to provide MBR Protection
- Designed for pump flows and eliminates need for civil construction of channels
- Customized to fit into existing infrastructure and specific needs of treatment process
- All 304 stainless steel construction
- Headbox with overflow protection
- Solid unitary frame
- Handles Flows from 200 to 12,200 gpm (45-2770 m3/hr)
- Drum Diameters range from 18 – 72 inches (460 – 1830 mm)
- Drum Lengths range from 36 – 160 inches (915 – 4065 mm)