The Storm Monster® is a high performance storm screen designed for installation in pump stations and CSO stations. During a rain event, overflow wastewater passes through perforated panels with 6mm holes, while solids, floatables, latex and trash are screened and deposited downstream of the system onto the wastewater channel headed to the treatment plant. Once there, solids can be removed and processed.
The dogleg design allows two returning panels to be partially submerged and used for additional screening capacity to maximize the hydraulic capacity of the unit. The cleaning mechanism is located above the highest emergency depth permitting large flow fluctuations without risking brush submergence. This unique feature allows screen function to be maintained during periods of high blinding or large flows.
The Storm Monster’s panels have moving stainless steel plates that form a continuous seal against fixed UHMW side seals running around submerged areas to prevent unscreened material from entering the stormwater overflow.
The screen rotates to move solids to the downstream end of the weir where they are removed by a solid clad cleaning brush. The brush features an adjusting mechanism and is supported by self-lubricating bearings. A separate geared motor powers the brush.
Features and Benefits
Advanced Dogleg Design
- Provides increased hydraulic capacity and enhanced hydraulic reliability during periods of high solids loading.
- Allows more of the screening curtain to be submerged giving a greater open area
- High open area maximizes hydraulic capacity of individual units
- 304 or 316 stainless steel construction for long life
Enhanced Cleaning System
- Solid clad cleaning brush is easy to adjust
- Cleaning mechanism is positioned above the highest overflow level, preventing brush submergence
Advanced Panel Design
- Stainless steel fabricated panels are constructed from perforated plate with 6mm holes on 8mm triangular pitch
- 51% open area
- Each panel is individually mounted into two endless conveyor chains forming the screen band
- Panels are fitted with moving stainless steel plates that form a continuous seal
- UHMW side seals are fitted around all submerged areas, preventing unwanted material from bypassing the screen
Heavy Duty Roller Chain
- Stainless steel rollers track smoothly in ultra high molecular weight (UHMW) polyethylene guides
Specifiable Service Features (optional)
- Monster PI™ on-site service and inspection plan
Screen panel hole size: 1/4″ (6mm)
Screen panel width: 15¾” (0.4 mm) to 78″ (2 m)
Flow: 365 MGD (16 m3/s) max flow per screen